Simply Irresistible

Welcome to my blog! Here you will find information, tips, ideas and fun ways to simplify in all areas of life. Please join me, post your comments, and together let's simplify!

Friday, September 24, 2010

planning and systems

Simplifying our lives is a big project and requires some planning  (not to mention a good sense of humor) before we even get started. When my husband and I moved into our house exactly 3 years ago this month, we downsized from 3000 square feet to 1700 square feet. It's just the two of us so a house that big was ridiculous to say the least. Now, 1700 square feet is too big for us but we'll talk about that another day. Anyway, before moving day, I drew a floor plan of the house and was penciling in where the furniture would go and which closets would hold what when I realized no matter how hard you try, you can't fit 5 tons of stuff in a 2 ton box. Yep, poor planning. So, we moved everything and stuffed it all in the house, attic, garage, etc.

Better planning would have definitely been the way to go but at that point I could only start from where I was and get my house in order. Little by little as we've worked through every corner, closet and drawer, our systems are for the most part in place. Since there is always room for improvement, I'm hoping here on this blog we can all  share how we plan and simplify our homes and lives and the systems we have set up.

Next time we meet here, I want to start our simplifying in the kitchen. The heart of the home. We all have one and use it many times a day so what better place to start? It's a big project but so worth it when it's streamlined, clean and free of the unnecessary clutter.

Until then, I wish you peace and a life that's simply irresistible!

Sky

2 comments:

  1. hi sky,

    thanks for leaving such a thoughtful comment on my blog. good luck with your new blog and i'll be reading along with you.

    we went from almost 3k sq ft to 1k sq ft. fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet, you're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete